There are as many truths as myths
Step 1: Exhaustion
- 12 hours of dilution time with a change of water once along the way, the finished steamed stew gives a salt level of 8%
- 16 hours dilution time: 6%
- 24 hour dilution time: 5.5%
- 30 hours dilution time: 4.6%
By comparison, a common salami has a salt level of around 5%.
Step 2: Damping, cooking or pressure cooking
- 3 carrots
- 3 onions
- 2 stems of celery
- 1 purr onion
- 5 bay leaves
- 15 monkeys
- 1 broom thyme
- 1 knife tip kayenne pepper
- 5 liters of water
- Cut the vegetables into pieces and into a large saucepan (preferably pressure cooker if you have) with the spice and 5 liters of water.
- Boil for one hour and sow off. Using pressure cookers keeps it with 20 minutes of cooking. You have now got a tasty vegetable broth for the meat to be cooked in.
- Cook the meat directly in the meat. Make sure the meat is covered with water, put on the lid and simmer for about 1 hour. When the meat easily drops the leg, it is done.
c) Puffed beef over potatoes
This is my favorite way of cooking beef. Not only does it last for 45 minutes, you get lots of potatoes crushed by minced meat on your purchase. With the pressure cooker, there is no need to drum up for a stick meat party on a regular pre-Christmas day. I like that!
Tip! Do you really want to impress, you can steam the meat in the vegetable broth from b) instead of water and thus combine the best from the two approaches. Since I did not have enough kettle to hold all the meat, I put a saucepan with pork cooked in broth and the rest in the pressure cooker. Both parts were finished alike and there were potatoes enough for everyone.
Recipe for 4 hungry
- 2 kg of diluted beef meat
- 1.5 kg of potatoes (cheesy pink is best suited)
- Water or broth enough to cover the potatoes
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Lay them all in the pressure cooker so that they build up a little in height.
- Pour water or broth enough to cover the potatoes completely. Spread the meat over, but do not let it be in contact with the water. Tighten the lid and warm until you get full pressure. Reduce the heat slightly and press for 45 minutes. Let the pressure fall naturally.
- Pour the boiling water into a saucepan and use it as a cloud for the pinch. A little of this power also adds extra flavor to the cabbage root.
- Feel the pinch on a frying pan and grill for a few minutes on the oven’s grill function to make it a little extra crisp just before serving. Make sure this goes fast. You have the potatoes in a warm severing bowl. They are surprisingly in good shape, just a lot more delicious than the usual boiled potatoes.
My best cabbage stew – with sweet potato and carrot
The meat is one thing, but the accessories are equally important. In addition to potatoes, cooking power and coarse mustard, cabbage roast beef is mandatory accessories for pork meat. As carbon black in itself can get a little bit damaged, I like to add sweetness to shredded potatoes and carrot. Recommended!
Recipe for 4 hungry
- 10 whole monkeys
- About 1 kg of cabbage root
- 2 large carrots
- 1 medium sweet potato
- Water / broth
- 75 grams of butter
- 1 deciliter cream
- Salt to taste
- Shake the monkeys in a warm dry pan until they become shiny. Shake powder in a mortar or finter in a blender or a blender.
- Peel carrots, carrots and sweet potatoes and cut into smaller cubes.
- Boil the vegetables in water or vegetable broth from a). Pour off the boiling water, but take care of a little if you need to peel out.
- Mash stew with a potato sticks together with the butter. I like the manual hiker, so that the stappa becomes rough and rustic. Stir in cream, lime and taste with salt. Sprinkle over a little finely chopped parsley before serving for extra color and taste.