After I got a Belgian waffle iron in house, I have really gone in to expand the concept of Belgian waffle. Stir for example, need not be deleted from flour, yeast and sugar. After some experimentation, I have found my best version. These waffles with sweet potato are crispy on the outside and soft inside, full of delicious flavor. Equally good for sweet and salty toppings. And even better: they are healthy!
Make a big touch when you first get started. You may be hooked on these amazing things. The tube stays in a tight container for a few days in a refrigerator. If you do not have Belgian waffle iron, you can use plain iron or fry them as stains in the frying pan. You do not get the same thick waffles, but the taste is almost the same.
Recipe for 4-5 double plates
- 1 sweet potato, medium sized
- 1 dl ground oatmeal or oatmeal
- 1 dl malte quinoaflak eller quinoamel
- 1 dl ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 knife tip salt
- 4 egg
- 2 tablespoon lean kesam
- 1 dl of water
- The most time consuming of the recipe is to bake the sweet potato soft and aromatic. The flavor this process produces is, however, undoubtedly worth the time. Begin with this. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Cut a cut along the sweet potato and place it in a refractory form or on a baking tray. Fried to the sweet potato is soft and bald waves. It takes about 30-40 minutes, depending on the thickness of the potato. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the bench. It should now be easy to peel, while the food is scooped out.
- Grind grit and almonds to flour in a blender or kitchen machine. If you do not have quinoaflak, you can use other cereals such as barley or spelled. Take what you have.
- Add baking soda, cardamom (preferably the seeds of green cardamom capsules for the most taste) and salt.
- Stir in the eggs. I use the blender’s stirring function for this. Then add the other ingredients: kesam, sweet potato and water. Run the blender until you get a smooth and thick stir.
- Let the stir swell for a few minutes before frying for delicious Belgian waffles.